Cumartesi, Haziran 02, 2018

Dearest,
I want to tell you that you have given me complete happiness. No one could have done more than you have done. Please believe that.
But I know that I shall never get over this: and I am wasting your life. It is this madness. Nothing anyone says can persuade me. You can work, and you will be much better without me. You see I can’t write this even, which shows I am right. All I want to say is that until this disease came on we were perfectly happy. It was all due to you. No one could have been so good as you have been, from the very first day till now. Everyone knows that.
V.”

Sevgilim,
Bana sonsuz mutluluğu verdiğini söylemek istiyorum. Kimse senin yaptığından fazlasını yapamazdı. Lütfen buna inan.
Fakat biliyorum ki bunu atlatamayacağım, ve senin hayatını boşa harcıyorum. Bu delilikle işte. Kimse beni ikna edemez. Çalışabilirsin ve bensiz çok daha iyi olursun. Görüyorsun bunu bile yazamıyorum ki bu haklı olduğumu gösteriyor. 
Demek istediğim şu ki bu hastalık beni yakalamadan önce muazzam şekilde mutluyduk. Kimse senin olmuş olduğun kadar iyi olamaz, ilk günden şu ana dek. Herkes de bunu biliyor.
V.



http://virginiawoolfblog.com/virginia-woolfs-last-day/

Hiç yorum yok: